Get a quote now
Autodesk Navisworks Training
The Autodesk® Navisworks® Essentials training instructs students in best approaches to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, Quantification, Autodesk Rendering, as well as the Clash Detective tools within the Autodesk Navisworks software.
Using the functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks®, students learn how to open, review, quantify, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. Students also learn how to link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, students create interactive animations. In addition, students learn how the Autodesk Rendering tools can help them create photorealistic images and animations.
- Before using this training guide, students should have working knowledge of 3D design and task-scheduling software. This training guide is designed for new and experienced Autodesk Navisworks users who need to become familiar with the main tools within the software.
- After completing this training guide, you will be able to:
- Describe the main features and functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks software.
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check the validity of construction schedules.
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
- Obtain takeoff data from 3D source models and 2D sheets to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components.
- Perform interference detection tests to check integrity of the design.
- Add true-to-life materials, and lighting and backgrounds to project models, to create photorealistic output.
As a Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) registered training center, our courses/ training are HRDF claimable.
Authorized Autodesk Training Center:
Trainees / Students completed training will receive Certificate of Completion from Autodesk.
Getting Started with Autodesk Navisworks
Publishing, Merging, Refreshing, and Emailing Files
Selection Tree and Selecting Objects
Chapter 2: 3D Model Review
Hiding Objects and Overriding Materials
Measuring and Moving Objects
Selection and Search Sets
Comments, Redlining, and Tags
Navisworks Real-Time Rendering
Chapter 3: TimeLiner
Import Tasks from External Project File
Configuring and Defining a Simulation
Chapter 4: Animator
Creating a Basic Animation
Manipulate Geometry Objects in an Animation Set
Section Plane Sets
Controlling Animation Scene Playback
Creating and Managing Scripts
Creating and Configuring Events
Creating and Configuring Actions
Chapter 6: Quantification
Setting up a Quantification Project
Item and Resource Management
3D Model and Virtual Takeoff
Managing Takeoff Data
Creating and Working with 2D Takeoff Data
Exporting Takeoff Data
Analyzing and Updating Takeoff Data
Chapter 7: Clash Detective
Clash Detective Overview
Clash Test Reporting
Working with Clash Tests
Exporting and Importing Clash Tests
Laser Scan Data Clashing
Methods for Testing and Resolving Clashes
Chapter 8: Autodesk Rendering
Autodesk Rendering Overview
Adding Materials to a Model
Creating and Editing Materials
Sun and Sky Lights